Colleagues in the secondary libraries are updating the selection policy for our
urban district. They asked me to post the following question to LM_NET.  I will
post a HIT.

I would like to compile a list of criteria other school districts use to select
materials for their middle and/or high school libraries. What review sources are
used? What, if any, sensitive material is avoided? Do school districts have
separate criteria for selecting fiction vs. non-fiction? Any other comments or
information will be appreciated.

Looking forward to impressing my colleagues. Maybe after this, they will join
LM_NET, too :-)

 Nancy Westendorf, Librarian

Chester Dewey School #14
                                                                         Rochester,