I met with my principal today after she observed me, and one of the things she'd
like me to do is higher-level thinking and discussion about stories, characters,
etc. The example she gave was comparing and contrasting two characters or stories,
using venn diagrams, etc. I plan to do this with third grade, using two different
cinderella stories. But the class she observed was first grade, and she would like
to see me do this type of activity with the younger grades (ie, 1st, 2nd). Does
anyone have some good lessons or ideas they would like to share that involves this
type of thinking or mapping/diagramming?

TIA,

Amanda Power
Middletown School District
Middletown, NJ