Sorry all - saw the mess that came through before. I'll try again.
My original request was for the novels that are being taught in MS
(we're 7-8) as I have and English teacher tired of what they teach, and
looking for new ideas. This is a list of the titles that I got. Numbers
next to the title indicate how many people listed that book. Thanks
again,
 Teri

Letters from Rifka                       Hesse, Karen

Lilies of the field                         Barrett, Willaim

Little prince                               St. Exupery, Antoine de

Little women                              Alcott, Louisa May

Lupita Manana                           Beatty, Patricia

Maniac Magee                           Spinelli, Jerry

Master puppeteer                       Paterson, Katherine

Me and the end of the world        Corbin, William

Midsummer night's dream           Shakespeare

Miracle worker, The                    Gibson, William

Missing May                              Rylant, Cynthia

Muddy Banks                            Tolliver, Ruby C.

Music of dolphins                       Hesse, Karen

2 My brother Sam is dead           Collier, J. & C.

Night                                         Wiesel, Elie

5 Nothing but the truth                Avi

Number the stars                       Lowry, Lois

Old man and the sea                  Hemingway, Ernest

Old Yeller                                  Gipson, Fred

Once and future king                  White, T.H.

Only alien on the planet              Randle, Kristen D.

Out of the dust                           Hesse, Karen

6 Outsiders                               Hinton, S.E.

2 Pearl, The                               Steinbeck, John

2 Petey                                     Mikaelsen, Ben

Pigman                                     Zindel, Paul

Pocket full of rye                        Christie, Agatha

Red pony                                  Steinbeck, John

Remembering the good times      Peck, Robert

5 Roll of thunder, hear my cry     Taylor, Mildred

Romeo and Juliet                       Shakespeare

2 Rules of the road                     Bauer, Joan

Secret life of Amanda K. Woods              Cameron, Ann

Seed folks                                 Fleischman, Paul

Shark beneath the reef               George, Jean C.

Sherlock Holmes                       Doyle, Arthur C.

Sign of the chrysanthemum        Paterson, Katherine

Slave dancer                              Fox, Paula

So far from the bamboo grove      Watkins, Y.

Soldier's heart                            Paulsen, Gary

Sounder                                    Armstrong, William Howard

Stranger came ashore, A            Hunter, Molly

3 Summer of my German soldier             Green, Bette

Taking sides                              Soto, Gary

Tales of O. Henry

There's a girl in my hammerlock              Spinelli, Jerry

3 Tom Sawyer                           Twain, Mark

4 Treasure Island                       Stevenson, R.L.

Trouble's Daughter                     Kirkpatrick, Katherine

True confessions of Charlotte Doyle         Avi

Trumpeteer of Krackow               Kelly, Eric

2 Tuck everlasting                      Babbitt, Natalie

2 View from Saturday                 Konigsburg, E.L.

Walkabout                                 Marshall, James Vance

West with the night                    Markham, Beryl

2 When Zachery Beaver came to town     Holt, Kimberly Willis

Where the lilies bloom                Cleaver, Vera & Bill

Where the red fern grows            Rawls, Wilson

White Fang                               London, Jack

White mountains                        Christopher, John

Z for Zachariah                           O'Brien, Robert

Teri Padua / Media Director
Northwestern Regional MS/HS
Winsted, CT 06098
tapadua@yahoo.com