I'm sure you have all seen the news about the horrific disasters caused by
the quake and tsunamis in Indonesia and other countries bordering the Indian
Ocean. Over 22,000 are known to have died, and the prediction is that it
will be the costliest disaster in history.

I want to challenge each of you to make a donation to one of the relief
organizations working to help the disaster victims. Your donation can be
small if you are financially pinched, but there is strength in numbers. If
you can afford to give a large amount, that would be even better.

You can find a list of links to relief organizations at
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/27/quake.aidsites/index.html. That
would be TinyURL http://tinyurl.com/5cobd.

I have made my donation to Doctors Without Borders.

The victims need the most relief right now, so although organizational
donations through our schools will be of great assistance when we return
there in January, we need to do something personally during this time when
we are on holiday.

Please forward this to other lists and to friends and colleagues in your
address book.

Deb Waugh
Librarian/Instructional Technologist
The Emmett G. Shufflebarger Library