I missed the original request so am adding my 2 cents worth here.

In Washington State we have the Washington Children's Choice Picture
Book Award and I present it to K-3rd graders... however I DO NOT READ
any of them! I have the teachers read them. I have been doing this for
15 years and both the kids and teachers LOVE it.

I make up a schedule that lasts 20 school days (that is how many books
there are) and each day each class gets a different book based on the
schedule. The teachers know they need to read it and pass it along. I
always hope they read it first thing in the morning and have it
available for the kids to look at during the day and then get it to the
next teacher for the next morning. I am presenting all of the books to
the classes this week, presenting the books to the teachers on
Wednesday after school (with promises of my chocolate chip cookies as
an extra incentive) and we start reading next Monday. With the size of
our school I always purchase 4 copies...2 for the teacher schedule and
2 for circulation. When we get back the ones from the reading schedule
they are added to the circulating copies. Most of them are never in!

The ones for the teachers to read are marked with a sticker (so we know
which group they are in) and also a copy of that particular book's
schedule is attached to the back cover so if it gets lost along the way
it can get back on schedule.

I also make up a mini poster with thumbnails of each of the books so
the teachers can post this and keep track of what has and hasn't been
read. I give the kindergarten teachers 2 copies, one for each class.
The older kids can anticipate what is coming and also check to see what
they have read or may have missed if absent. Yes, technically this is
probably copyright violation, but I have purchased 4 copies of each of
these books and am promoting the heck out of them!

I review all of the books the week that we vote. Because it is done
fairly soon after the reading as been completed, I haven't seen any
problem with them remembering what books are about.

Hope this helps!

Barb Engvall
Teacher-Librarian
John Campbell Elem