I was just working on my library curriculum maps for a district wide
curriculum project.  It occurs to me that some of you might find the
document useful.   We are using a standard form, that we have modified
slightly to fit library needs.  Right now we are mapping every library
research project that we are involved in, plus creating some maps for
the reading guidance activities we do.  To speed up the process, I have
filled in the various areas of the map wtih the most common elements.
For instance, learning standards section is filled in with ALL the
information literacy standards in all 3 catagories.  In the essential
questions section, I have filled in essential questions that go with
each one of the standards.  I have saved it under the name "repeating
template".  When I am ready to map a project, I simply open this
template, save it under the project name and then I delete anything on
the template that does not fit the project and add anything that is
unique to that project.  It saves me hours and hours.  I would be happy
to share this template with anyone who could use it.  It is in MS Word
format.  Please email me if you would like a copy.

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way."

From The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)