I have received many great suggestions for how to deal with my kinder
teacher who won't leave send her aide with her class, even though it is a
building requirement that she do so.  I will be posting a full hit as soon
as I can get one together.

I took the suggestion of many of you and went back to my principal.  We
decided to offer this teacher three choices:  1)Full services for the class
if the aide or the teacher accompany the class; 2)Story time or lesson ONLY
with no check out if the students are sent alone; 3)No more library period
for her class.  Today, my principal called her in to discuss this problem
with her once again and gave her the choices.  Well, she went totally
ballistic on him and said she refused to do it. To my mind, this is gross
insubordination and grounds for dismissal, but there's no way this teacher
will ever be fired. Further, she threatened to call her buddy, the
superintendent, to have him set us straight.  Recently, she and her clique
managed to run off the best counsellor we've ever had with this same tactic,
so I may not be long for this job, but if that happens, it's okay.  I'm just
so pleased that my principal has promised to support me 100% on this matter
and I know he means it.

Again, thanks for the great suggestions. I feel confident that I have
handled this in the most professional way possible and am pleased that we
have stood our ground.  I'm sure it will all work out for the best in the
long run.

Marian Royal
Librarian
Parkview Elementary School