I heard from the principal at the school this morning. She had checked with a
representative from the Principal's Association and they had the same advice that
our Supt. gave: the PTO Organization, although he does not agree with it nor how
they did it, can pick and choose what they want to sell. The book fair was open
last night with a different set of parents running it so the book was on sale last
night.

I guess at this point I will have to let it simmer. If the battle moves to the
library, it will be a different story.

I am so grateful for this group and all of the feedback, support, and opinions
expressed. I usually am not a participant in discussions, but I do read postings
every day so I am not surprised by the quickness and helpfulness of your responses,
but I thank you so much for your caring.

I think everyone was totally taken aback at the specific objections of our parents.
To think that 5 people could cause such an uproar over nothing is frightening. As I
mentioned in the earlier post, their objections had nothing to do with piercings,
tatoos, bathroom references, or any of the other ideas that people grasping at
straws to find something wrong came up with. The parents actually said that the
children jumping into bed with the parents in the morning constitutes
"inappropriate touching."

So let's put this issue to bed : ). Or at least this incident, I hope that this is
the end of it. I know the censorship issue unfortunately will never end.

Lyn Grund, Librarian
Middlesex High School, Middlesex, NJ  lcgrund@yahoo.com