But on the other hand, wouldn't it be just as discriminatory as putting on
'Easy Reading' stickers? Labeling the reader and could be just as abusive
(Hey, can't you read the hard books?', 'Look at the nerd with the hard
book.').

Reading level (difficulty) isn't in the same category of criteria as genre
(subject or style).

How is it being determined that the students are choosing 'too easy' a book?
Maybe it is a classroom problem? Wonder what research there is about reading
assignment paradigms.

Robert Eiffert, Librarian
Pacific Middle School
Evergreen SD 114 Vancouver WA