Hi Folks,

I'm looking for an on-line course the help seventh grade students develop
critical thinking and information literacy in an effort to help prepare 7th
grade students for state testing without drill and kill.

The course is part of a grant application.  The provider of the course must
have a minimum of three years of success offering courses to students.  The
provider must be accredited by one of the 6 major accrediting agencies
recognized by the DOE. Course must be aligned to NJ Core Content Standards.
(I'm guessing that any course aligned with just about any state standard
would also align with NJ.)

A significant part of the grant scoring revolves around the course
itself.  There's a 41 item scoring rubric that will be used to assess
it.  Here are some of the criteria.

Is conducted by an instructor/facilitator
Has provisions for different ability levels.
Takes into account different learning styles.
Develops communication skills through the use of on-line tools.
Engages students through an interactive environment
Uses authentic assessment methods ie. portfolios, research projects,
writing, oral presentations, or self-assessment
Involves students in cooperative learning.

As far as the length of the class goes, we're probably looking for 8-10
weeks, but depending on the nature of the course, it could be more.

  It's not too hard to find courses that fit this description for high
school students, but locating something for middle school is more
difficult. Any help would he appreciated.

Thanks,
Art

  Art Wolinsky - OEO 3DWriting, Inc
  awolinsky@3dwriting.com
  http://www.3dwriting.com
  Technology Director - Online Internet Institute
  http://oii.org
  (609) 698-8223
I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.
I will surely learn a great deal today.