Here's what I have so far on homemade Dewey Decimal charts. I also found some
interesting stuff online.  The first two sites, obviously, can be changed, 500 to
600   six to seven, or whatever you are looking for. Many people sent me the Jan
Brett site  and on Dec. 30 someone sent instructions to LM_Net  for adding more
text to the Jan Brett posters. Below the websites I copied some useful things folks
sent me. When I receive the info promised for next week I'll try to remember to
post it. I tried to attach what I had made up so far, but LM_NET would not allow my
attachment so it is copy/pasted on at the bottom of this.  I plan to tinker with it
a little more, in terms of what I have a lot of and what people ask me for a lot,
then enlarge and post. I like the poster board inserts (below) too. In my "spare
time" I'd like to do this too.

http://snoopy.tblc.lib.fl.us/fsc/cataloging/500s.html

http://www.austinschools.org/mills/six.htm

http://www.eastern.edu/library/www/Topbar/books/Class/dewey.html

Jan Brett has some at:
http://www.janbrett.com/library_signs/library_signs_main.htm

the rest of this will be sent to me next week-I hope- and I will try to remember to
post it. I like this!

         001-399
        001.9   Aliens,UFOs, unknown
    032     Guinness records
        292     Myths
   317.3 Almanacs
  327.1 Spies
     358     Military machines
       363.7   Environment & recycling
387.2   Shipwrecks
      394     Holidays

Yes, I made Dewey signs out of poster board and laminated it. I cut the
poster board so it would slide between books with about 3 inch overage.
This way I could move the sign as the books shifted. I put the Dewey
number, the subject category and a PICTURE of the category. My rationale
was it would help non-readers find dinosaurs, sharks, drawing books,
etc.

I don't have a template. There are black line picture books available
with lots of "stuff" to use in newsletters, etc. That's where I got the
pictures for the signs.

Rough shape of poster board.
_________________________
                 |       \
                 |      :)\
                 |         \
                 |         |
                 |    Dewey|
                 |  Subject|
----------------------------

I put the picture in the sliced off corner, the subject across the
bottom, the dewey number above the subject. REMEMBER to put the info on
BOTH sides if you use this idea.

>> my draft is below.
Mary

000-099