I assume you meant http://www.howellschools.com/~hwms/content/bib.html

How do HS and college/university librarians like reteaching to a
standardized format and all the students relearning how to cite digital
information resources?

It seems this method carries an implication that electronic resources are
not of the same quality, importance, or usefulness as a paper based product.

Citing electronic formats follows the same basic rules as traditional
formats. Bibliography citation in any of the major systems is consistent and
easily interpretable. The lack of information to be cited for an internet
site (sponsoring institution, date

And could there be some issue involved in using Ebsco, ProQuest, eLibrary,
Gale, etc resources and not citing them?

Using brackets around the URL eliminates the need to change the rule about
periods. Normally you would cite encyclopedia page being referred to in the
parenthetical reference. If the encyclopedia is alphabetically arranged, the
researcher (and reader) wouldn't need volume and page numbers in the Works
Cited page.

Robert Eiffert, Librarian
Pacific Middle School
Evergreen SD 114 Vancouver WA