Re: the problem with messages that have 20= at the end of the line

At 09:30 PM 7/3/2004 -0400, Dan Robinson wrote:
 > >Mark, the other email program has entered a soft return, and Eudora
 > >interprets that as an =20 (space).  If you get that while reading
 > >your own emails from lmnet, it means that you're not quite sending
 > >absolutely plain text.  I had that problem with outlook, and had to
 > >set up an alias to force absolute plain text.

I checked in my Eudora settings, and somehow (never had this problem
before) when I switched to being my own domain and email provider, the
option to send in plain text, styled text, or both got changed from 'plain'
to 'both'.  Silly me! <G>  Thanks for the tips, and that seems to have
solved the problem.  I have noticed this from time to time in other posts,
so if its a problem for you, that might be the reason.  I know several
email clients allow the use of styled (i.e. bold, color, italic, etc.)
text, and if that setting is changed, it might be the reason in those
cases, too... you could be sending styled instead of plain text, and it
might not be readily apparent in your client's composition window.

Thanks to those who sent suggestions.  Dan's seems to be the one that
solved the problem.

Mark

Mark Williams
Retired Librarian/Library Consultant
markwilliams@makaw.net
"The closest thing you will find to an orderly universe is a good library"