Hi ...

I Googled "Writing and Research Service," which is the tag line for my=20
newly renamed business, to see if my revised site showed up, but instead=20
found dozens of other sites that use that phrase.  Many or most appear to=20
be term paper mills.  One describes itself as.  "A legitimate writing and=20
research service that helps students write their own papers rather than a=20
website that helps students cheat," but I am not sure I believe=20
that.  Another is more blatant: "CollegeTermpaper.org is a professional=20
writing and research service that is dedicated to providing the best term=20
papers available ... anywhere!"  Or this one: "writeapaper.com is a writing=
=20
and research service that is dedicated to providing quality papers and=20
giving you the utmost value for your money."  (Hmmmmph.  To give real value=
=20
for the money they would take the dollars and tell the kids to wise up and=
=20
learn to write for themselves.)

Decades ago, the aspiring plagiarist/slacker had to pay a buck or two by=20
mail for a printed catalog of term papers for sale (and of course pay=20
through the nose for the prefabricated papers).  Now they are only a mouse=
=20
click away -- and doubtless even more expensive.  What those who buy the=20
work instead of creating it through blood and sweat do not realize is that=
=20
many years from now, those who can actually write, a skill acquired only by=
=20
doing again and again and again, will have an advantage over those who can=
=20
only buy someone else's words -- especially in work settings where there is=
=20
nowhere to hide if you cannot do the work yourself.

How does the plagiarist/slacker explain the experience on a r=E9sum=E9 ,=20
anyway?  "Widely experienced in buying term papers and essays and passing=20
them off as my own work."  Yes, THAT is certainly a much-coveted skill. =
 Hah.

In any event, folks who are keeping track of such sites might find that=20
phrase helpful in adding a few to the list.

Ken
--
Ken Umbach
Umbach Consulting: A writing and research service