From: Val Hamilton
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Sent: 7/6/2004 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: library use agreement

I would never agree to allowing such an agreement.  The library is an
intregral part of a student's education.  Some of our primary classes
have
home reading programs where they students must take a library book home
and
read to someone every night for a few minutes.

I think this is a way to dodge overdue problems.

Val Hamilton
Teacher-Librarian
Dr. George M. Weir Elementary
Vancouver, BC
http://weir.vsb.bc.ca

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about
education."
Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education