Hello Colleagues,

I am currently a school LMS in New York State and have my permanent
certification.  My husband and I am exploring the possibility of moving to the
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.    I have two questions, that you folks may be able
help me with.  1) What kind of certification is required in Virginia?  I have
my MLS.  Do I need to take any other state tests, or does my NYS certification
transfer?  2)  What is the job outlook for school librarians in and around
Harrisonburg, VA?

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who can help me with these questions.

Thanks in advance,

Mary Ann Shisler, LMS
Solace Elementary School
Syracuse, NY