My daughter just sent me the email below concerning the use of the word
half.  I thought all the b's would be correct as "other half" would be
talking about more than one.  Is that right?  Is there a rule?
TIA!!!!!

"My boss specifically asked me to ask you this, could you pass it
around or look it up and get me a consensus. We are working on a new
campaign, using a specific line based on the "Other Half" mentality,
for
example:

      How the Other Half Lives

      The problem is, is it a or b?:

      a) How the Other Half Lives
      b) How the Other Half Live

      a) How the Other Half Ties the Knot
      b) How the Other Half Tie the Knot

      a) How the Other Half Plays
      b) How the Other Half Play

      a) How the Other Half Pumps Iron
      b) How the Other Half Pump Iron

      See where I'm going? Is "The Other Half" plural or singular? Is
there
an official rule on this? Let me know what you think."

Cathy Woodruff
Librarian
Ft. Stanwix Elementary School
110 W. Linden St.