Hi,
My family and I will be visiting the States during Dec/Jan.  We are busy
planning our itinerary and wonder if you could give us some advice.

New York:
Does it cost and how hard is it to go to Times Square for New Year's
Eve?
Our hotel is Best Western President. Would we be able to see much from
it or do we need to actually go down there?
How much of the city is open on New Year's Day?  I noticed that most
tours don't run.
What are the tours that go around showing you where tv shows and movies
were filmed like?  Are they worth the time and money? Here is a link to
one:
http://www.shop.viator.com/brochure/product_show.jsp?ID=1010&PRODUCTID=1
016&
CODE=2218TVTOUR    There is another one that goes through Central Park

What are the roads like during the above time of year?  We want to
travel down to DC and don't know if we should fly or rent a car.

New Orleans:
We are only going to be there for 1 day/2 nights. We will be staying in
the French Quarter. Should we just amble around the city or take a tour
like this:
http://www.machupicchutours.com/combination.htm

Thanks in advance.

Dona J. Hartwich