Rennison, Louise._On the bright side I'm now the girlfriend
of a sex god._ HarperCollins, 2001 [0-06-028813-2]
Georgia Nicolson is back in this second book.  Here we have
the British version of a Valley Girl dealing with the
problems of growing up. There is a great introduction
explaining some of the British language for example "In
England a fag can mean cigarette also.. hence lighting a fag
is not the cruel act you might think."  The story opens up
with Georgia bemoaning that her family will be moving to New
Zealand to see her father and she will miss out on her sex
god who she has been trying to catch.  We then deal with her
situations involving snogging (kissing) and breasts (and the
pencil test) along with other teenage girl concerns. No,
this  243 page book is not "To catch a mockingbird" and yes
there are some sensitive (but not very descriptive) sexual
references but... you will not see this book on your shelf
as your Jr. High girls fight over it along with the other
books about Georgia.  This series is definitely (in my eyes)
for 7th grade and up.
Frederick Muller
Halsted Middle School Library
59 Halsted Street