Recently someone posted a request for research ideas for their AP
Statistics teacher.  I faxed them a project that one of our teacher was
willing to share.  Well - now the teacher has another project that looks
very interesting.  If any of you are interested - please send me your
fax number as well as an email address.  I am hoping the teacher can
send it to me in word document format because that would be much easier
to share - but her computer is being porky right now - so I may have to
fax it to you.

Here is the intro to this new project:

"The Gananda Research Group has an opening for a highly paid
researcher, whose job it is to investigate and test claims made in the
media.  You are seeking this position and must submit a research paper
to show that you are familiar with hypothesis testing.  Your work will
serve as a proff that you are eligible for the job."  The students are
required  to "use a quoted source form anewpaper, journal, magazine or
other priint media, asserting a claim you believe is dubious."  The
assignment  then goes on to give details of what must be turned it, what
graphs and statistical formulas must be used etc.

It is such a neat project - I just thought it should be shared - and
the teacher is very willing to be generous with her expertise.  She will
be leaving us this year and moving to California.  If you know of any
openings for a dynamite teacher - let me know.  We are SO sorry to lose
her!

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way."

From The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)