My problem:
Using WIN98, I could not make a powerpoint program copy on my CD.  The error
message I received was "file is read only."

Solution:
I feel rather foolish, but have consoled myself with "everyone has new
things to learn."
      In WIN98, you cannot use the "save as" or "pack and go" without FIRST
opening the CD burner and THEN going to the file to save it. (well, duh, I
thought)......
But, for the newer versions of WIN, you can go directly from the Powerpoint
to the CD (which is what I have done at school).

          So, a big thank you to people who offered suggestions for other
possibilities and a thanks to Carol Simpson and Linda Riesz who made me
aware of what I had to do.
        This group is great..........

Mary Ludwick, Librarian         K-5 Elementary
Owen Elementary, The Colony, Texas (near Dallas)
ludwickm@lisd.net  (school address)
ludwick@swbell.net (home address)
"Those who don't read have no advantage over
those who can't."  Mark Twain