My library assistant of 6 years is now being pulled for 1hr and 20min to assist
with ELA small group instruction. This is on top of 4 lunch duties& 2 hall duties
and her own lunch. I figured out that she will only be in the library for 3 hours
and 35 minutes a day to help students or to accomplish any tasks that I may have
set up for her.  I'm at 2 schools so there are definite times that the library will
have to be closed. ( I also have 3 lunch duties and 2 hall duties and 2 bus duties
on the days I'm at that school, but that's another story)
My question is  are there any guidelines for proper teacher assistant usage out
there? She wants to be sure that she is used properly during this time she is
suppose to be helping with  ELA. She doesn't want to just stand in the back of the
room waiting for someone who may need her. She would much rather be back in the
library where there is never enough time to accomplish things.
Thanks in advance.
Lori Lombard, K-6 Librarian
A.J. Smith Elem., Union Springs, NY
maryjane13148@yahoo.com