I know you are all familiar with the Ohio research project on how school
libraries help students learn, from the articles in SLJ and other
professional journals.   Dr. Ross Todd and Dr. Carol Kuhlthau, noted
international researchers on school libraries and student learning,
conducted the research for this study.  The study is called Student
Learning through Ohio School Libraries : The Ohio Research Study  and it
has received international recognition.  Dr. Ross Todd recently spoke
about the study at the IASL International Association of School
Librarians Conference in Dublin, Ireland.  He's actually speaking all
across the states and the world about the study.

OELMA  (Ohio Educational Library Media Association) who initiated the
study, now has a Tools and Resources CD available for purchase so that
any school library can replicate the research project and interpret the
results of the project in their school.  I've always found it difficult
to know how to go about collecting data in my libraries, beyond the
usual circulation and usage stats.  So, I've been pleased with the CD as
I get familiar with it this summer.  If you are interested in the CD,
check out the information about it at www.oelma.org. You'll find lots of
useful information about the study posted there, including some useful
charts.

Christine Findlay
Library Media Coordinator
Centerville City Schools