I love the fact that - for some reason unknown to mere mortals - this year
at athletics' carnival day, I was not given the toilets and food canteen to
supervise, but to be the ANNOUNCER!
I interviewed the runners, encouraged cheers/warcries from the houses/teams,
gave progressive scores, joked with parents, called competitors to the
marshalling area.
At the lunch break, a new teacher asked me if I needed a throat lozenge for
my throat since I had talked so much, and was surprised that the librarian
was so noisy!
My huband laughed, saying "She must be new!" and I had the chance to
demonstrate that the people and place need not be SHHHHH or dead quiet -
just an integral and responsive part of the school community!
Susan Cruickshank (teacher librarian)
South Burnett Catholic College (preschool to year 12)
Kingaroy  Queensland  Australia