Rutgers University is offering its annual acclaimed one-day programs on
best books of the year this May:

WINNERS! A Closer Look at the Top-Rated Children's Books of the Year
Presented by the incomparable Judy Freeman - celebrating 20 years of
WINNERS, a lively, show-and-tell review of the best hundred books
published in 2003, offering lots of successful kid-tested techniques and
ideas to use immediately in school and library programs, booktalks, and
lessons.
South Jersey - in Voorhees on May 4
North Jersey - in Whippany on May 5
Central Jersey - in Edison on May 6 and 7

BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR for Middle Schoolers and Young Adults
Presented by Bonnie Kunzel, New Jersey's teen expert at the State Library,
Kimberly Paone, teen services librarian, and Diana Tixier Herald, author
of Genreflecting - who have lots of experience working with kids and
books and have served on national awards committees.  We'll booktalk the
best hundred books published this year for these ages.
IN Edison, NJ, on May 20th.

Each one day program is $149.  We are a registered provider for
continuing education through the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Departments
of Education.  If you cannot come to the programs, we sell each packet
separately for $35.  Each packet includes annotated bibliographies, tables
comparing the "best of the year" lists from major review media, and other
helpful lists and ideas.

For more details and to register/order, go to
http://scils.rutgers.edu/pds/  and follow the link for the program that
interests you.

Karen Novick
Karen Hundert Novick
Director of Professional Development Studies
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies
Rutgers University

4 Huntington Street, New Brunswick, NJ  08901-1071
Phone:  732-932-7169
Fax:  732-932-9314
E-mail:  knovick@scils.rutgers.edu

Visit our website at http://scils.rutgers.edu/pds/