I'm coming to you all again on behalf of a new 2nd grade teacher who will
begin in the fall.  She's asked for a list of books that would be
considered
essential in a 2nd grade classroom (i.e. fiction and nonfiction - not
textbooks, dictionaries, etc.).  She wants to purchase these over the
summer
so she's ready with them when school begins, and I believe she intends to
use them for read-alouds, special days, etc.  I'd appreciate any input from
those of you who may teach or specifically deal with 2nd grade.  Thanks -
again and again.

Linda Frazer
SLMS K-12
Tuxedo Union Free Schools