Only in Texas could we these kinds of jokes!!  But here's one that a
teacher just sent to me and I had to share it!

=20

~Shonda Brisco

Trinity Valley MS / US Librarian

Fort Worth, TX

briscos@trinityvalleyschool.org

=20

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was
manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars
of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was
to be
the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever
delivered to Mexico.

But as we know the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit
an iceberg and sank and the cargo was forever lost. The people of
Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its
delivery were disconsolate at the loss.

Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of
Mourning which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known of
course as Sinko de Mayo.=20