Hi ...

My domain, umbachconsulting.com, has been unavailable for a week (a foul-up
by the the registrar at renewal time).  It appears to be back on line, as
of a few hours ago, again registered with DNS.

I mention this because I know that my piece on the California Velcro crop
posted there gets a lot of traffic from school libraries (over 800 hits
this month before the domain became unavailable early on the 25th).  My
piece on the feral flamingos of Sacramento's Capitol Park has also been
drawing interest, I believe.

In any event, just in case anyone thought that piece was gone, I wanted to
let folks know.

By the way, my second column in Knowledge Quest should be showing up soon,
in the November/December issue, in series titled "Policy and Data Resources
on the Web."   The third installment is in the queue for the Jan/Feb issue,
and I just emailed draft of the one for April/May to editor Debbie Abilock
a few minutes ago.  I welcome comments and suggestions from Knowledge Quest
readers.

Regards,

Ken Umbach
Ken Umbach
Umbach Consulting: A writing and research service
6966 Sunrise Blvd., #263, Citrus Heights, CA 95610
916-733-2159 (voice)
www.umbachconsulting.com