I base everything on curricular needs - so, therefore, I weed very little.
Many of the materials from 1970s are still useful. Actually I don't use
circulation statistics at all - otherwise, the classics would be long gone.
Basically I only weed what falls apart. When the budget is so small as it is
in most Catholic schools - each item is valuable. I am not speaking of
Science materials here - although I do have some old ones also. When I use
them in classes I caution the students to watch publication dates for
statistical info. Tomorrow a Science class will be here researching the
history of planets - the old stuff is good- and newer facts we can get
online.

I guess I am saying it depends on your school - and your needs to satisfy
the curriculum. So, I don't trust any weeding guidelines.

Allan

Dr. Allan O'Grady Cuseo (Brother Donogh Allan, MGC)
Bishop Kearney High School Library
125 Kings Highway South
Rochester, New York 14617

585-342 - 4000 x231
585-342 - 4694  (FAX)

acuseo@bkhs.org

Education in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and the School Sisters
of Notre Dame
FAC OMNIA BENE (Do all things well)

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: The information contained in this
electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged and confidential. The
information is intended only for the use of the recipients (s) named above.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the
sender and delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying,
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the
information received in error is strictly prohibited.