Do any of you have this title in your collection? Can you please provide
any information about it like pub. date, or publisher, or ISBN#, or LOC# .

Birds by John O'Brien

I've been asked to find one or more copies of this title for use with high
school students. I have been provided with title and author but no more
information. I've checked BIP, Library of Congress, Powells, Amazon, many
of the public library and or university OPAC's I have URLs for in the USA,
Ingram, B&T, the Short Story Index, and found nothing. I am really an
elementary librarian and not very knowledgeable of adult level title
resources, Where else can I look? I was wondering if it might be one of
those phantom books that either doesn't exist or has a different title or
author. BUT I found one reference to it on the Internet. Unfortunately it
is an old posting and the writer mentions reading it about 15 years earlier
which means it was written at least18 years ago. However, it is described
as episodic in that the story is presented as a series of episodes. I'm
pretty sure it is fiction, but not if it is considered a novel or a short
story collection and I have no clue of the subject matter except that there
is a bird in each episode.

TIA for any speck of enlightenment you can provide.

Georgia Richards
the universal substitute
Ashland, OR
grich@mind.net

Do any of you have this title in your collection? Can you please provide
any information about it like pub. date, publisher, ISBN#, LOC# .