To those of you in the great state of Texas:
I'm looking for information from school districts around the state to see
what takes place regarding TAKS.  Do you hold tutorials?  What practice
materials do you use?  Do you use regular assessments?  Any information
about how Texas schools prepare for TAKS would be very helpful.  I am
specifically looking for information from middle/high schools.

I am a librarian back in the classroom teaching English this year.  The
school district I'm at is in the beginning stages of pushing TAKS goals (IE:
being exemplary), but I don't really think they have the best methods of
TAKS prep in place.  I'm looking for information so that I can develop a
plan for my classes and my school that will be successful.

Any replies can be sent to me off the list.

Thanks,

Nancy Allen
English Department
Danbury High School