Not a poem but a WONDERFUL picture book that all new teachers should read!

The Geranium on the Window Sill Just Died But Teacher You Went Right On
  Authors: Albert Cullum  (EDITOR)
Released: September, 2000
ISBN: 082520500X
Hardcover

It's an old book originally published in 1971 I would guess -- but
has been re-released as recently as 2000.
Released in UK by Moyer Bell (Harlin Quist Books) - April 2003
Looks like the old line drawings have been updated with full color
illustrations.
Great book for teacher gifts.
Sharron

--
===============
Sharron L. McElmeel

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411-9548

ph. (319) 393-2562
FAX (319) 393-4749
(if fax line is busy make a voice call to 319.393-2562 and ask that
the line be cleared).
mcelmeel@mcelmeel.com

Author of ABCs of an Author/Illustrator Visit (Linworth); Children's
Authors and Illustrators Too Good to Miss (Libraries Unlimited); 100
Most Popular Children's Authors (Libraries Unlimited), 100 Most
Popular Picture Book Authors and Illustrators (Libraries Unlimited),
Character Education: A Book Guide for Teachers, Librarians, and
Parents (Libraries Unlimited) and other titles
(http://www.mcelmeel.com/writing).