Dear LM_NET ers

This is to let you know that the seventh termly newsletter from The
Education Project Asia is now available - designed specifically for
International School Communities across S.E.Asia ... but receiving
considerable interest from other schools worldwide .. public and
private.

It is best viewed online at
http://www.shambles.net/newsletter/november2004

There is also a "summary" copy that can be downloaded and printed out
at:
Word Document (180KB):
http://www.shambles.net/newsletter/November2004/shamblesnov2004.doc

Topics this term include:

 - Trauma and Emergency Preparedness in Schools
 - Subject Departments: Resources on Shambles
   (3 new sections: Assessment, I.B. and Info.Literacy)
 - International Schools Websites Showcased
   (including student digital video competition)
 - Int. Assoc of School Librarians Conference 2005 (Hong Kong)
 - SEAMC : S. E. Asia Maths Competition (Thailand)
 - British International Schools Worldwide: new organisation
 - School Calendars 2004-2005
 - iNet Online Conference: Educational Leadership (free)
 - Assessing Student Technology Literacy (USA): online tool
 - Voices on the web (nothing to do with Halloween)
 - Free Asia Photographs
 - GCSEs (UK exams) and 14-19
 - USA University Placement + win a scholarship
 - Using Grandpa's Computer: A Poem
 - Tools for Website Evaluation
 - Website Guestbooks as a Learning Resource
 - Tools for the Self Assessment of Libraries
 - Religious Education National Framework

Newsletters are archived at http://www.shambles.net/newsletter where
readers can also subscribe to be included on the distribution list (or
take themselves off).

I should be most grateful if you would forward this notice to any
colleagues you think it might be of interest to  ... or print out the
'Word' version for the staffroom noticeboard.

There are several 'library specific' items ... and your university
counselling/careers staff might also like to let students know of the
US$2000 scholarship opportunity.  If your school offers I.B. then I'd
also be particularly interested in feedback on the content at
www.shambles.net/ib

I hope you find this useful and of practical help working with your
students and colleagues.

Regards

Chris Smith

"It's out there somewhere - the trick is finding it" www.shambles.net
The Education Project Asia : Chris Smith csmith@csmith.info
A consultancy designed to support International Schools in S.E.Asia
Online Calendar events+recruitment: www.shamblescalendar.net
Shambles Newsletter archives: www.shambles.net/newsletter