Does anyone have a PowerPoint presentation introducing the Dewey Decimal
Classification that they would be willing to share? Of course, you would
get 105% of the credit for it!

After I bemoaned the fact that our High School students just didn't
have a clue about where to look for books on a general subject when the
OPAC was busy/down, a history teacher volunteered to have ALL the
juniors come in to learn about all the books!! I suggested having a
PP/video introduction, followed by a scavenger hunt in the Library,
where every team of 3-4 has a totally different search (to spread it out
a little).

Of course, since there are 2 history classes during some periods, the
whole enterprise must take under 25 minutes. I'm hoping that we can have
the students view the PowerPoint/video in class before they arrive in
the Library so that I can point out the 'landmarks' and let them loose
to scavenge.

We'd agreed on a good date, but now it's been moved up, so I'm fighting
for time. Naturally, 3 more teachers have scheduled week-long research
projects for all their classes in the Library between now and The Day of
the Hunt. I still have to write 6-8 different print-based scavenger
hunts in the meantime!

Please HELP by contacting me off-list at manckk@gilmerisd.org. I will
post a hit.

Thanks in advance!