I agree with Kathleen, you need to show the principal
what is really going on in your room. I would
encourage you to invite the principal or vice
principal to spend an entire morning , not just one
class, showing you how the situation you are in could
be improved.They need to get that assembly line
feeling you have everyday all year long. Be sure to
remind them they have to put all those books away
before they can leave for lunch.

I too have about 700 students (in three buildings). I
have aides in the two smaller buildings  and a raft of
wonderful volunteers in the my largest (500 students)
building. I survive, but my days are always long and
my car is the last in the lot most days of the month.
I usually get two days at the beginning of the school
year to bring my computer files up to speed and then I
have classes until the last 9 days of the year. I am
still lucky enough to have time for inventory, and in
three buildings, I need 9 days.

Good luck.  Please let us know how things go for you.

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com