As a reminder, two Reader's Theater Editions for Christmas are
offered on my Web site at:

http://www.aaronshep.com

RTE #34 ~ The Christmas Truce
By Aaron Shepard

On a Christmas Eve of World War I, British and German soldiers lay
down their weapons to celebrate the holiday together.

           GENRE: Historical fiction
           CULTURE: European (World War I)
           THEME: War and peace
           READERS: 4
           READER AGES: 11 and up
           LENGTH: 12 minutes

RTE #9 ~ The Baker's Dozen: A Saint Nicholas Tale
Told by Aaron Shepard

Van Amsterdam, the baker, is as honest as he can be -- but he may
have something left to learn.

            GENRE: Legends, St. Nicholas tales
            CULTURE: American (Dutch colonial)
            THEME: Generosity
            READERS: 6 or more
            READER AGES: 8-13
            LENGTH: 6 minutes

This script is offered also in a "Team Version" for four readers, as
well as in Spanish and traditional Chinese translations.

 From my home page, click on Aaron's RT Page, then on Reader's Theater
Editions. As always, the scripts can be freely copied and performed
for any educational, noncommercial purpose.

Here is a full list of scripts now in the series. All stories are my
own, unless noted.

  1. "The Legend of Lightning Larry"
  2. "The Legend of Slappy Hooper: An American Tall Tale"
  3. "Savitri: A Tale of Ancient India"
  4. "Resthaven," by Nancy Farmer, from The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm
  5. "The War Prayer," by Mark Twain
  6. "The Enchanted Storks: A Tale of Bagdad"
  7. "The Gifts of Wali Dad: A Tale of India and Pakistan"
  8. "Peddler Polly and the Story Stealer"
  9. "The Baker's Dozen: A Saint Nicholas Tale"
10. "The Battle of Song: A Hero Tale of Finland," from The Maiden of Northland
11. "The Calabash Kids: A Tale of Tanzania"
12. "The Hidden One: A Native American Legend"
13. "Master Maid: A Tale of Norway"
14. "The Sea King's Daughter: A Russian Legend"
15. "The Millionaire Miser: A Buddhist Fable"
16. "How Violence Is Ended: A Buddhist Legend"
17. "Count Alaric's Lady," by Barbara Leonie Picard
18. "The Crystal Heart: A Vietnamese Legend"
19. "How Frog Went to Heaven: A Tale of Angola"
20. "The Magic of Mushkil Gusha: A Tale of Iran"
21. "Help! Hilary! Help!"
22. "Which Shoes Do You Choose?"
23. "Casey at the Bat," by Ernest Lawrence Thayer
24. "Forty Fortunes: A Tale of Iran"
25. "When the Twins Went to War: A Fable of Far East Russia"
26. "The Magic Brocade: A Tale of China"
27. "Master Man: A Tall Tale of Nigeria"
28. "Mop Top: A Tale of Norway"
29. "The Borrower and the Boy," by Mary Norton, from The Borrowers
30. "The Boy Who Wanted the Willies"
31. "The Princess Mouse: A Tale of Finland"
32. "Three Sideways Stories From Wayside School," by Louis Sachar
33. "More Than a Match"
34. "The Christmas Truce"
35. "The Adventures of Mouse Deer: Tales of Indonesia and Malaysia"
36. "King o' the Cats"

Aaron Shepard
Olympia, Washington
http://www.aaronshep.com