The talk about the Polar Express gave me the idea to share this with you.  I have a
special shelf in the library that has a sign saying, "This is a Movie! (But first
it was a book!!)" and I put up books that have been made into movies, even from a
long time ago.  Some children check these out simply because they has been made
into a movie, but it is a great way to get them to try things like The Yearling,
Shiloh, SArah, Plain and Tall, as well as current things like LOTR and Because of
Winn Dixie (we're waiting on that!).  This is a very popular shelf.  Also, you
might ask your students what books they would love to see made into a movie.  At my
school Mufaru's Beautiful Daughters is the winner for K-2 (especially if done by
DIsney with Will Smith, Brandy and Beyonce...they really think about this stuff!!!)
and A Year Down Yonder for 3-6.  You might do a survey at your school and see what
your students up with.Jeanna Dennis, LMSC.F. Hard ElementaryBessemer,
ALsimon827@aol.com

LM_NET Mailing List Home