This may seem like a strange query, but who better to ask than the great colleagues
on this board.

I am interested in knowing if anyone has heard of or implemented student-led
reading incentive programs (it does not necessarily have to be school wide).

I emphasize student led, because here at Washington High, high school students are
extremely
centered on themselves and their peers. I'm sure many of you could attest to that!
Students generally "hear" a message better and take to an idea more readily if it
is peer driven, or focused. Other nationally known programs such as Readin Counts
and accelerated reader programs are not going to sustain their interest. They
already take five or more state / national criterion tests throughout the course of
a year, so the idea of another type of reading program in a test format is going to
fall on deaf ears.

Thanks for your input!

Jerol King, LMS
Booker T. Washington High School