Does anyone have a lesson plan for a sixth grade that combines music and science
they can share?

Although I work in a public library, we have this adult patron who been coming in
nearly every day for years.  She has very poor speaking, reading, spelling, &
comprehension skills--I would place her at a grade 3-4 level.

She claims to be a certified teacher, and keeps coming in with new requests for
lesson plans every single day.  This is her request for the day, and I've spent the
last three hours with her holding her hand as we try to find something basic enough
that she can understand.  I have created a Teachers' Page on my library's website.
We did the Enchanted Learning site, and she found a quiz on plants she printed off,
but after I informed her that she would have to teach the material before she
tested on it, she wanted to change to something else.

I cannot believe this person was:
1. accepted into a post-secondary instituion;
2. and if she was someone actually gave her a degree.

Three months ago, I spent several hours trying to help her find a online MLS
program, and she asked if I would do all the work for her if she signed up.

I told her it was against the law (I really don't know if it is, but it should be).

She seeks me out, and follows me around the library and will not give up even when
we close.  She has followed me to my car.  I just need to be able to hand her
something to make her go away today.  I'm sick, & I just can't take it today.

We close at 5PM Eastern, and she WILL still be here.  Trust me.

Dawn M. Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library
Euclid, OH