The Question Mark
Vol 1|No 3|November|2004

This month's free issue of The Question Mark can be found online at
http://questioning.org.

There is one article this month, a snippet of which is reproduced below.
The article is Chapter One of Jamie McKenzie's new book to be published
and released in March of 2005, "Learning to Question to Wonder to Learn."

Why Question?
By Jamie McKenzie
© 2004, Jamie McKenzie, all rights reserved.

Why question?

Why bother?

Isn't thinking enough?

What's the difference, anyway?

Isn't questioning and thinking part and parcel of the same whole?

No. Not exactly.

You can have one
without the other.

There is plenty of thinking that never achieves lift-off, never
contributes to understanding and never casts light on issues of
importance. Much thinking beats around the bush, wanders off course
and fails to inform or illuminate.

That is because thinking can be done in an unquestioning manner.

Thinking without questioning is like drinking without swallowing.

This book promotes the fusion of powerful questioning with thinking.

We must raise young ones to question, to wonder and to learn.

We will encourage students to become serial questioners committed to
pursuing important questions until capable of making sense of their
worlds and capable of fashioning smart answers to life's challenges.

------- Continued online at http://questioning.org/nov04/whyquestion.html

--
Jamie McKenzie
Editor, No Child Left http://nochildleft.com