My original post:

Good Morning Colleagues,

In our discussion of the new subject heading, many of you have mentioned belonging
to other listserves. I've been wondering if I am missing another valuable resource
that is as good as our LM_Net. I would appreciate any information on the other
listserves you subscribe to (why it's good and how to subscribe etc.). If there is
interest I would compile a HIT. Thank you very much. Mary

Mary P. Sundberg, LMS

Poland Elementary

Poland, NY 13431

marypsundberg@yahoo.com

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will try to condense as much as possible since I
received quite a few replies.

There are a few lists already compiled that you might want to check out. The
following two were suggested:

~~~Andy Carvin's favorites http://www.edwebproject.org/lists.html

~~~You'll see a list of some other related listservs at :

http://www.shambles.net/librarian

Look under the heading

"Librarian Discussion & Support Groups - talk with other librarians :"

   Here are some individual replies, I must admit that I didn’t research those
find out how if we really needed to. I did enjoy the one response: How could
anything possibly be "as good as our LM_Net"! Now to find the time to subscribe and
read the messages. 8-)  Regards, Mary

~~~Edtech is generates 10-25 message a day and is geared to all kinds of
educational technology. 80-85% software and hardware questions and answers with
about 15-25% curricular.

Send to: listserv@h-net.msu.edu Message: subscribe

~~~EDTECH WWWEdu is a great list it has quiet periods of a few messages a day and
busy periods of dozens a day. It's focus is using the web for education and about
90% of the discussion is instructional oriented.

Send to: wwwedu-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Message: None needed

~~~Child Lit is a huge national discussion list. (A great "second" list to
have...it corresponds wonderfully to the LM_NET list. This group mirrors us in many
ways and yet they seem to "lack" some information seeking skills that the experts
on LM_NET have!) http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mjoseph/childlit/about.html

~~~ The National Council of Teachers' of English has several websites that relate
to reading and literature. Here are some of the resources:
http://serv1.ncte.org/lists/

~~~Australian School Librarians list serv and also the UK teacher librarians list
serv

~~~ISED-L, which is a listserv for independent school educators; AASLFORUM and ISS
listservs as well as one for my local library association. (Mary: local library
association list serves were suggested many times!)

~~~the state of Texas’ library listserve: tlc@txla.org You simply send an email to
that address with the word subscribe in the subject line

~~~CCBC (Cooperative Children's Book Center) listserv, and the one for my circ/cat
program

~~~YALSA is great for young adult services, Digital Divide deals with all kinds of
service issues that are peripheral to libraries

~~~Marylaine Block's weekly "Neat New" list - it is short, varied and usually has a
great short article at the end. Here's the link: http://marylaine.com/neatnew.html
Also, I like "Research Buzz". It is done by Tara Calishain, author of Google Hacks
and Websearch Garage. Here's the link: http://www.researchbuzz.com/ I keep meaning
to subscribe to Gary Price's "Research Shelf" and Librarian's Index to the
Internet's "Tip of the Week".