Colleagues,

Thought you all might like to know about this experience so you will not
repeat it.

Last year I needed a new cord for my barcode scanner.  As the company that
made the scanner is no longer in business, I ordered a new one from
Variant Microsystems in Fremont, CA (recommended from someone on CAL LIB).
  They sent the wrong cord and have refused to take it back.  Seems that
it was a special order--this was not mentioned at the time of purchase.  I
have tried to contact them many times.  No one in charge is ever there and
when I leave messages they are not returned.  This has been going on for
six months.  The cord cost $50.00, and I am very annoyed about it.

Caroline Petersen
Librarian
Mount Tamalpais School
cpetersen@mttam.org