Yes, here it is again, since I've already started getting requests . . .

FOOLPROOF TURKEY RECIPE:  20 lb. bird in 2 and a half hours

Although this recipe sounds unlikely, trust me.  I’ve been using it for over 20
years, with success EVERY time.  The turkey comes out perfectly done -- both white
meat and dark meat juicy and tender -- with plenty of flavorful juices/broth for
making gravy and stuffing.

PREHEAT oven to 450 degrees.
Put 15-20 lb. UNSTUFFED, COMPLETELY THAWED turkey into deep roasting pan.
note:   if turkey is 20-25 lbs., just add 15 minutes to last hour.  if turkey is
10-15 lbs., subtract 15 minutes from last hour.

Pour 16 oz. water or broth into bottom of pan.
Cover turkey with aluminum foil (Tented, not sealed).

Put turkey into hot oven, set timer for 90 minutes, and walk away.
(Do NOT keep opening oven to look; that bird isn’t going anywhere.)

When timer rings, after 90 minutes, take foil tent off turkey.
Lower heat to 400 degrees, set timer for one hour, and walk away.

(Get stuffing ready ***, prepare other side dishes, set table, etc.)

When timer rings, take turkey out of oven, and remove from pan
to rest on cutting board (gathering juices/thoughts) for 15-20 minutes before
carving.

Use turkey juices in pan to make gravy.

*** I prepare stuffing in separate pan.  When turkey is done cooking, I use some of
the turkey “juice” to moisten the gravy, then cook the stuffing in the oven while
the turkey is resting and then being carved.  The stuffing is perfectly cooked by
the time the turkey is carved and ready for serving.

Enjoy!

Alice Yucht, lifelong Teacher-Librarian
aka *Alice in InfoLand,* (even in the kitchen) somewhere in central New Jersey
Information Skills/Library Management consultant, writer, and presenter

email: aliceinfo at excite.com
website: http://www.aliceinfo.org

"We may be service-oriented, but we don't have to be servants."