Hi Darcy,
Have you seen the book:
It's Disgusting and We Ate It! : True Food Facts from Around the World and
Throughout History
by James Solheim, Eric Brace (Illustrator)

I checked Amazon and see it is still in print.  The kids should love it.

You could couple it with:Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, by Judi Barrett
Thomas Rockwell's book, How to eat Fried Worms
I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato, by Lauren Child

And many more...read some poems with food in them and some joke books about food.

Sounds like fun!

Pam

Pamela Berberich, Library Media Technician
Anza Elementary School
El Cajon, CA
BERBERICHP@cajonvalley.net
pberberich@cox.net