Alison,

My favorite site to use to check on values of older books is:
http://used.addall.com/
It is actually a bookseller site, representing ">40 bookstores, 20,000
dealers and millions of books".  You are not buying, but the site gives you
an idea of what certain books are worth.
The things to remember as you compare are:
        1.  Publisher - one title may have been published by two or more
publishers, and greater value may be tied to certain smaller publishers.
        2.  Edition - usually the first edition is most valuable, but not
always.
        3.  Condition, condition, condition - as in real estate
(location...), this is most important.  Unfortunately, library copies have
library marks on them, which devalue the book.  Wear and tear, foxing, etc.
are also common in library copies - they are typically more worn than
privately owned copies.
        4.  Dust jacket - Presence or absence and its condition

There is a legend that will help you decipher the jargon and abbreviations.

Good luck and I hope you find some gems.

Sandy Goodman
Melissa ISD Librarian
Melissa, TX
sgoodma@ednet10.net

You wrote:

Good Morning,
I am trying to do some weeding in my fiction section.  There are books (old)
that have not been checked out in ages.  Does anyone know a site I can go to
that will tell me if a book is valuable and how valuable?
Thanks,
Alison Rhorer LMS
Crescent Elementary and Junior High
Plaquemine, LA