While ALA standards are definitely good guidelines, it might be more appropriate to
look for your particular state's curriculum or
frameworks or SOLs for Media. The language will be more familiar to your
administrative and teaching staff and should fit to your
state's learning standards closely. That would make collaboration easier and
program evaluation more applicable. Then maybe, if the
state guide is lacking, work on getting them up to speed.

There has been a fair amount of discussion about the long ALA URLs. Oddly, on most
of the pages (on left sidebar) is a 'cite this
page' link. On it you get a much shorter URL that works and is descriptive of the
contents. And we can let the MLA/APA geeks figure
which is the proper one for a paper.

Robert Eiffert, Librarian
Pacific Middle School, Vancouver WA
Pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library