Has anyone seen this book around lately? I am pretty sure it is called Jeannie and
Johnny. I read it way back in the dark ages when I was in the 8th grade and would
love to read it again. I remember it as a thick book and spent all of Saturday in
bed reading it. I was so proud of myself when I finished it that day! The only
thing I can remember about it was that the 2 main characters both wore glasses and
when they finally got together as a couple they wondered how they should kiss, with
glasses on or off. Since I wore glasses, that was very important to me. :-) Ah, the
hassles of being a teenager! The book comes back to me every once in awhile,
especially when I talk to kids about what books they like to read.

Are Betty Cavanna books still around or are they too old and dated?

Dona

I'll be "home" for an American Christmas.  Only 28 more sleeps till take-off!
Dona Hartwich
Senior Librarian
Horsham College
Horsham Victoria Australia