Thank you all for your support, sympathy, and bolstering, I needed it after that
Friday.

I spent most of the weekend reading your very helpful emails with great
suggestions, and similar stories. As suggested by several of you, I will be
preparing an "Emergency Absence Plan" with an outline of instructions in the event
of my absence (planned or unplanned).

As I only have two parents right now, they each have a "job", hers was labeling YA
books (using a set of guidelines set by the district and myself).  But yes, I can
see as I get more interested parents I will need to set up some instruction sheets
and guidelines. I will be suggesting the evaluation idea to the principal, and
having him check the district and state policies concerning non-licensed
supervision.

I think what irritated me the most was that I did all the preparing, only to have
her usurp it all. Her response when I asked if the library was opened, "I was in
the room and they were behaving - I had no issues "

Thank you all again!

Rhonda L. Altonen
Library Media Asst.
Dora Moore School