Dear Netters,

Here's a list of the current, popular titles in the libraries of
librarians who responded to my question before Thanksgiving.

Thank you all.
Please excuse the duplicated titles.
****************
THE KEVIN CROSSLEY-HOLLAND KING ARTHUR
TRIO:
The Seeing Stone, At the Crossing-Places, and King of the Middle March

Meg Cabot's The Mediator Series & anything by Lurlene McDaniel

The Alex Rider Adventures: Stormbreaker, Point Blank, Skeleton Key and
Eagle Strike

Anything by Amy Golman Koss: The Girls, The Cheat, etc..
Princess books by Cabot

Laurie Anderson's Speak
Dave Peltzer series "A Child Called It"
Alice Sebold's Lovely Bones and Lucky are all on hold here.

Series of Unfortunate Events is still very hot here - Boys and Girls
(MS)
A child called it (bio, Pelzer) - mostly girls
Chicken Soup for the Soul - mostly girls
Monster - Boys
Alex Rider Series - boys and girls

Every fantasy book in the collection is being read by boys and girls.

We have boys and girls, but "Eragon" is really popular here right now

"Counterfeit Son" and "Hole in My Life" (by Jack Gantos, bio, for your
older readers)

A Series of Unfortunate Events books

Scary stories to read in the dark (Schwartz)

Cirque du Freak series by Shan (boys)
Artemis Fowl series by Colfer (boys)
Child Called It and Lost Boy by Pelzer (girls)
Sammy Keyes series by Van Draanen (girls)
Esperanza Rising by Ryan (girls)
Touching Spirit Bear by Mikaelsen (boys)
Harry Potter series by Rowling (both)
Whale Talk by Crutcher (boys)
"Define "Normal" by Peters (girls)
Holes by Sachar (both)
Children of the River by Crew (girls)
Razzle by Wittlinger (girls)
Ties That Bind, Ties That Break by Namioka (girls)

* California Young Reader Medal nominees and winners so have been
heavily promoted here.

The really hot ones are A Child Called It, Ender's Game, First Part Last
by Angela Johnson.

Saranne Gans
Director of Library Services
Cistercian Preparatory School