I'm looking for an old Christmas book/story that I remember from my years
as an elementary school librarian in the seventies. The protagonist was
Lucy, I believe. She wanted her grandmother to knit her the longest
Christmas stocking in the world. Her grandmother complied and Lucy's
stocking was filled with toys on Christmas morning. Unfortunately, Lucy got
so many toys that the other children got nothing...all their toys went to
Lucy. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd like to tell the story at a
church children's program  but need to refresh myself on it (or else just
make something up!).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jo Ann

Jo Ann Lynn
Library Director
St. Agnes Academy-St. Dominic School
Memphis, TN
jalynn@saa-sds.org

"My guess is about 300 years until computers are as good as, say, your
local reference library in doing [re]search," says [Google's director of
technology] Craig Silverstein [on the CBS News Sunday Morning on March 28,
2004]. "But we can make slow and steady progress, and maybe one day we'll
get there."